Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap41%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap18%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap5%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap14%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap7%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap7%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap2%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_lcap2%Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrthought

Male
Number of posts : 92
Member of : forumotion
Registration date : 2010-08-28

Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces Empty
PostSubject: Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces   Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 am

Excerpts. The original article is at USCF's website, available for members only.
However the excerpts should suffice.
1. "When Bobby Fischer earned the grandmaster title at the record-setting age 15 1/2 he was hailed as that very rare player, the "prodigy". "
2. "But don't prodigies- ............have to have talent to begin with?
That is the big question whether we're talking about chess players, musicians, athletes or whatever........"
3. " Ericsson also popularized the "10,000 hour rule"- that is you need to devote at least 10 years or 10,000 hours of intense training before you "just get good."
(Richard) Rapport said he's only taken chess seriously for four years. But eight hours of study a day multiplied by 4 years equals 10,000-plus hours."
4. " Of course just playing chess or polishing your Existing skills for 10,000 hours won't make anyone a GM. It is mastering new material-through repetition, memorization and other study techniques-that makes the difference. This takes enormous motivation. Fischer showed it when he drove himself to learn Russian as a boy so he could read Shakmaty v SSSR."
5. " It also takes free time. This explains why there are no adult prodigies-that is no one who takes up chess after age 20 and soars to 2600."
6."When did Fischer become more than a technical prodigy I'd say it was at least five years after this game." (The game was Reshevsky-FIscher
3rd Rosenwald Tournament, NY 1956).
"Ironically, one of his innovations was realizing the importance of getting rid of bad pieces."

Calling cards softswitch
Hidden Object Games
Back to top Go down

Genius or Knowing when to trade your bad pieces
Page 1 of 1