Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap41%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap18%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap5%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap14%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap7%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap7%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap2%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_lcap2%Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

Male
Number of posts : 339
Member of : VN
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge Empty
PostSubject: Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge   Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

The Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge is a United States Wildlife Refuge in the Kodiak Archipelago in southwestern Alaska, United States.
The Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge includes the southwestern two-thirds of Kodiak Island, Uganik Island, the Red Peaks area of Afognak Island and all of Ban Island in the archipelago. It encompasses 1,990,418 acres, or 8,055 km² (3,110 sq miles).[1] The refuge is administered from offices in Kodiak.
The refuge contains seven major rivers and about 100 streams. It is a spawning ground for all six species of Pacific Ocean salmon, trout and several other fish species, as well as a nesting ground for 250 species of bird, many of which feed on salmon. The refuge has only six native species of mammals: Kodiak brown bear, red fox, river otter, ermine, little brown bat and tundra vole. The non-native mammals Sitka deer, mountain goat, Roosevelt elk, snowshoe hare and beaver were introduced to the archipelago between the 1920s and 1950s and are now hunted and trapped.

miami limo rental
earth retention
Back to top Go down

Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge
Page 1 of 1