Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap41%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap18%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap5%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap14%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap7%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap7%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap2%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_lcap2%Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Male
Number of posts : 15
Member of : Members
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square Empty
PostSubject: Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square   Height Increase For 1 Furnival Square I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:44 am

Plans for the redevelopment of 1 Furnival Square in Sheffield have received a boost - literally as the developer has seen that their height be increased and the project expanded.

Occupying the site on the edge of the roundabout at Furnival Street, the previous plans proposed a 43 metre tall 11 floor mixed use building offering a mixture of office, hotel and retail. Now they propose a 17 floor tall building with distinct office and hotel elements as before but this time resembling a proper tower rather than a squat block thanks to the height increase that has pushed it to 67.5 metres tall. As before, the architects on the job are Urban Innovations.

The building is designed around the edges of the site to maximise urban gain with a courtyard set in the middle. The tallest part of the scheme is proposed to front on to Furnival Square with the hotel and retail elements stepping down from there in height along Duke Lane and Eyre Lane to relate more in massing terms to the surrounding buildings.

Much of the architecture in this area, dubbed the Cultural Industries Quarter, is industrial and red brick. The development puts a contemporary spin on this with the planned use of brick, glass and metal for building materials with highly glazed lower level street frontages so that the building relates properly to street level. This is of course helped by the step-backs in height that reduce the impression of it from ground-level that would otherwise be bulky and open the streets up to more sunlight.

As with the previous design, the idea is that the building is built out as much as the plot allows partly to maximise the amount of space that can be crammed onto the site, but also to restore the traditional street lines in an area that was trashed by planners in the sixties.

The tall office part of the scheme is designed partly with the topography of Sheffield in mind. Hardly flat, the hilly city can be exploited and this scheme does exactly that with the plans that the tallest part of 1 Furnival Square will break the profile of the city skyline serving as a pinnacle and creating a new landmark that could be a gateway building to the Cultural Industries Quarter

unlock wii
gay tours
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1