Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap41%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap18%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap5%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap14%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap7%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap7%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap2%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_lcap2%Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Male
Number of posts : 15
Member of : Members
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off Empty
PostSubject: Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off   Nottingham Ozone Gets Shown Off I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:45 am

Nottingham City Council is running a competition for the Ozone Project, located in the Victorian Victoria Embankment leisure area of Nottingham that sits alongside the River Trent.

These days the embankment suffers from the same issues as most Victorian tourist venues of being nothing that really appeals to people anymore, just rundown parkland with an empty bandstand. The council aim to change this by inviting the public to help decide which of the three entries in this £40 million should end up as the final winner.

All three designs have are being developed in detail by Nottingham based architects Marsh Grochowski who were inspired around the concept of nature whilst penning something that's decidedly futuristic approach to take.

The first is the shortest of the proposals called The Water Tower Pavilion, only 64 meters tall, it's been floating around since December 2005 as the showpiece of this project as Nottingham City Council try and compete for lottery cash.

With a bow-like end jutting out over the river and earthen tones and at the very top a viewing platform for only 30, it's flanked on both sides by a series of six by six coloured light glass cubes which will include plasma screens to show major public events. Such a visually striking look is bound to be the favourite of the public regardless of the merits of the others.

Unlike the following two concepts this one will require the removal of 44 trees and the remodelling of the river bank so it can stick out over it and use the current like a massive water-wheel.

Secondly, there is The Tree Tower with its viewing platform for 100 people. Imitating a tree with a narrow body and splaying out at the top just as branches would. Made of timber it is the tallest of the trio at 100 metres and living up to its name will be made partly of wood. Approximately a third of the tower height will be utilised as a wind turbine.

The final proposal is the Sundial Tower that will be able to cast a shadow that tells the solar time and a conical shape that can collect rain water. It will have solar panels and an observation tower at the top reaching a height of 68.8 metres that like the Tree Tower will accommodate 100 people.

All three of the proposals will serve partly as a water tower drawing a supply from the Trent to provide power for the lighting of the embankment plus a local learning and training centre to educate people about the importance of the environment and energy efficiency.

The council hope that with this green icon they can turn the nearby Meadows residential district into Britain's first previously established zero-carbon community. It'll take a little more than a few new light-bulbs though and all the green visitor centres in the world won't change how people live.

unlock wii
gay tours
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club :: All About Table Tennis ::   :: Gallery-
Jump to: