Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap41%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap18%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap5%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap14%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap7%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap7%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap2%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_lcap2%French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Male
Number of posts : 15
Member of : Members
Registration date : 2010-11-14

French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record Empty
PostSubject: French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record   French Quarter To Set Brisbane Height Record I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Brisbane in Australia is currently having a boom in proposals and approvals for skyscrapers now it seems height limits in the city may be lifted by the powers that be.

One of the most recent green-lights will see a two tower project that will house the most expensive apartments in the city. Named the French Quarter Towers the project comes from local developer Devine Limited, it consists of two towers which will be built in two stages, one standing at 54 storeys and the second at 40 storeys.

With apartments ranging in price from $2.5 million to a whopping $15 million you might be expecting some spectacular, gimmicky, Dubai inspired skyscraper instead, what Brisbane will be getting is two towers which are rather reserved and elegant.

Squared at the bases the towers rise up in a pretty standard boxy way until they get about a third of the way up where they begin to gently curve inwards on one side, the curve deepens before coming back out again creating a subtle sort of S shape at the tops of the towers.

The shaping of the tower isn't detracted from by any epic spires or crowns the addition of which could have made the towers look decidedly trashy. The facades are glazed and balconied offering residents fantastic views and somewhere nice to enjoy a glass of wine and the odd sunset or two.

Residents at the tower can look forward to unsurpassed luxury as soon as a winner is announced for a international competition to design the interiors of the towers though it can probably be assumed the towers will also be home to a six star luxury hotel that with gymnasiums, spas and restaurants you have to wear a tie in.

One thing is for sure though the tower will offer the very latest in "technomenities", a fancy word invented by marketing bods that means the towers will have the latest generation smart home technology, which will include automated systems for lighting and climate, in-home entertainment and electronic concierge services.

Despite the French theme, high tech auroma technology spewing out the smell of garlic will not be included, whilst the concierge is likely to be much friendlier to English speakers than a Parisian would be.

Construction is hoped to start in 2009 with completion penned in for mid 2012.

Uniting People through Art
dark circles under eyes
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1