Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap41%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap18%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap5%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap14%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap7%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap7%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap2%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_lcap2%Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Male
Number of posts : 15
Member of : Members
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development Empty
PostSubject: Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development   Portman Estates Marble Arch House Development I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Published on 01-06-2010 by Skyscrapernews.com
Just up the road from Marble Arch Tower in the west end of London, the Portman Estate is planning a full scale redevelopment of Marble Arch House and adjoining properties that will see the construction of a new office building with additional retail space.

Worked on by Bennetts Architects and containing 8,141 square metres of office space on the upper seven floors plus a further 1,799 square metres of retail space on the ground floor and basement, the building sits on the corner of Edgware Road and Seymour Street.

There will also be redevelopment of the adjacent 62-64 Seymour Street, part of Seymour Place and 12-13 Hampden Gurney Street adding further retail and 26 apartments which will replace the 21 that are currently on the site.

The aim is to build what is a relatively tall building for the area but one that has its height mitigated as the upper floors of the building step back from its prominent corner position. The upper office floor has been designed to orientate towards Hyde Park Corner and provide lucrative views.

Decorating the office frontage of Edgware Road will be external solar shading in the form of horizontal metal louvres angled in front of the floor to ceiling glazing that are also positioned to allow views towards Hyde Park. Other parts of the southern face of the building will have retractable solar shading to give them completely uninterrupted views.

Meanwhile, on the 62-64 Seymour Street, the existing building will be retained, but with a mansard roof extension increasing its height upwards by a floor and new retail frontages to be added. On its back, there will be an infill extension to rationalise the floor-plates from its present L-shape to something more rectangular.

Westminster City Council is now examining the planning application for the project.

bulk sms sending software
iphone repair
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1