Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap41%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap18%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap5%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap14%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap7%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap7%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_lcap2%Table Tennis Techniques I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Table Tennis Techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moghul

Male
Number of posts : 3
Member of : chess
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Table Tennis Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Table Tennis Techniques   Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Table Tennis Techniques

Table tennis is a very interesting sport. This game is a classical example where there must be hand to eye coordination is key in beating an opponent.

The way that a player holds the paddle is the best way to learn the various techniques. Take for example the shake handgrip where the person will literally take hold of it like shaking a person’s hand.

This is very easy to learn and the way it is handled will allow the player to serve, block, push and smash whenever it is needed. In fact, beginners do not only use this technique because experienced athletes still apply it during practice and in competition.

Another way of holding the paddle is called the pen grip. The individual will hold the handle as though this is like a pen. People will surely notice that a lot of Asians use this especially the Chinese who were the ones who invented it.

What is the difference between the two aside from how the paddle is held? Those who decide to use the handshake will keep the edge of the paddle always on the side. Players who use the pen grip will point this toward the ground.

These are two most popular ways of holding the paddle. Since the sport is not only about using the arms, proper technique is also developed with fancy footwork. This is achieved based on the stance one takes either being in the offense or defense.

It takes time to master one of the other. Perhaps when the individual’s skills have improved, this will be a good time to learn the second one then see which one is better when playing in a game.

Since the ball may come in any direction, the player should crouch a little keeping the hands close to the shoulders. This should be relaxed at all times since tension will build up later on as the game goes on further.

The person also does not have to run from one end of the table to the other unlike tennis but faster movement can be done with knees bent and the legs a few feet apart.

It will take some time to achieve proper timing. The player will realize later on that a miss will happen when the reaction is either too fast or slow.

While on the offense, the speed drive works best. The player starts the momentum by trading a few volleys and when the timing is right, a smash will be sent to the other side thus adding one more point on the scoreboard.

Of course, the other player can do the same thing so it is best to be prepared for it that is known as the counter drive. The player will just have to take the initiative when to smash it again to the other side but be prepared just in case the opponent is able to anticipate this at the same time.

Some matches will even have both players standing a few feet away from the table. This is called a lob given that both sides are trading some powerful shots. There is a way to end this and it goes back to the smash.

It will be a good idea to also learn how to block so that the energy given by the other player is returned in kind by simply putting the paddle up.

Bariatric Surgery
kratom
Back to top Go down
mrthought

Male
Number of posts : 92
Member of : forumotion
Registration date : 2010-08-28

Table Tennis Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Tennis Techniques   Table Tennis Techniques I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 am

The modern game of table tennis has become one that's dominated by players who use an aggressive attacking / offensive style of play and who impart a lot of spin onto the ball.

So if you're looking to improve your game, one of the first table tennis techniques you'll need to master is dealing with spin.

Dealing with your opponent's strokes when they have imparted a lot of spin onto the ball can be very difficult. The speed at which the ball approaches you may not allow you sufficient time to know how much spin is on the ball.

However, with practice you'll become better at watching your opponent's racket movement and watching the logo on the ball to help you determine the quantity of spin imparted.

Remember, the best way to improve is practice, practice, practice.

Back to top Go down

Table Tennis Techniques
Page 1 of 1