Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Roman consul I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Roman consul I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Roman consul I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Roman consul I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Roman consul I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Roman consul I_vote_lcap41%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Roman consul I_vote_lcap18%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Roman consul I_vote_lcap5%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Roman consul I_vote_lcap14%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Roman consul I_vote_lcap7%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Roman consul I_vote_lcap7%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Roman consul I_vote_lcap2%Roman consul I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Roman consul

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

Male
Number of posts : 339
Member of : VN
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Roman consul Empty
PostSubject: Roman consul   Roman consul I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:26 pm

After the legendary expulsion of the last Etruscan King Lucius Tarquinius Superbus and the end of the Roman Kingdom, most of the powers and authority of the king were ostensibly given to the newly instituted consulship. Originally, consuls were called praetors ("leader"), referring to their duties as the chief military commanders. In 305 BC the name of the office was changed to consul; in Latin, consulere means "to take counsel". The consul was believed by the Romans to date back to the traditional establishment of the Republic in 509 BC but the succession of consuls was not continuous in the 5th century BC. Consuls had extensive capacities in peacetime (administrative, legislative and judicial), and in wartime often held the highest military command. Additional religious duties included certain rights which, as a sign of their formal importance, could only be carried out by the highest state officials. Consuls also read auguries, an essential step before leading armies into the field.
Two consuls were elected each year, serving together, each with veto power over the other's actions, a normal principle for magistracies. It is thought that originally only patricians were eligible for the consulship. Consuls were elected by the Comitia Centuriata, which had an aristocratic bias in its voting structure which only increased over the years from its foundation.[citation needed] However, they formally assumed powers only after the ratification of their election in the older Comitia Curiata, which granted the consuls their imperium by enacting a law, the "lex curiata de imperio".

skin whitening
Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang

Male
Number of posts : 144
Member of : vernlen.forumotion.com
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Roman consul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roman consul   Roman consul I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:34 am

Two consuls were elected each year, serving together, each with veto power over the other's actions, a normal principle for magistracies. It is thought that originally only patricians were eligible for the consulship. Consuls were elected by the Comitia Centuriata, which had an aristocratic bias in its voting structure which only increased over the years from its foundation.[citation needed] However, they formally assumed powers only after the ratification of their election in the older Comitia Curiata, which granted the consuls their imperium by enacting a law, the "lex curiata de imperio".
county coupons
Cartier Ballon Bleu replica
Back to top Go down

Roman consul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club :: All About Chess ::   :: General-
Jump to: