Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap41%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap18%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap5%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap14%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap7%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap7%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap2%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_lcap2%Gothic Revival architecture I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Gothic Revival architecture

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

Male
Number of posts : 339
Member of : VN
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Gothic Revival architecture Empty
PostSubject: Gothic Revival architecture   Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm

The Gothic Revival (also referred to as Victorian Gothic or Neo-Gothic) is an architectural movement which began in the 1740s in England. Its popularity grew rapidly in the early nineteenth century, when increasingly serious and learned admirers of neo-Gothic styles sought to revive medieval forms, in contrast to the neoclassical styles prevalent at the time. In England, the centre of this revival, it was intertwined with deeply philosophical movements associated with a re-awakening of "High Church" or Anglo-Catholic self-belief (and by the Catholic convert Augustus Welby Pugin) concerned by the growth of religious nonconformism. Ultimately, the style became widespread for its intrinsic appeal in the third quarter of the nineteenth century.[citation needed] In parallel to the ascendancy of neo-Gothic styles in nineteenth-century England, interest spread rapidly to the continent of Europe, in Australia, South Africa and to the Americas; indeed the number of Gothic Revival and Carpenter Gothic structures built in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries may[clarification needed] exceed the number of authentic Gothic structures that had been built previously.

HON Office Furniture
blackout curtain
Back to top Go down
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Gothic Revival architecture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Revival architecture   Gothic Revival architecture I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Japan anti-terrorism data leaked on internet
Laptop computer Reports of the leak were published in The Mainichi Daily News and the Asahi Shimbun

Sensitive police documents in Japan related to international terrorism have been leaked online, Japanese media say.

More than 100 documents give personal details of people co-operating with terrorism inquiries, and foreigners in Japan apparently under investigation.

The documents, which also include intelligence believed to have come from the FBI, are thought to have been published via file-sharing software.

Tokyo's Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) says an inquiry is under way.

There are concerns that the leak could affect security at the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (Apec) summit on 13 and 14 November.

Japan is preparing to host the leaders of 21 countries and regions, including US President Barack Obama.
Personal details

Reports of the leak were published in the leading Japanese newspapers The Mainichi Daily News and the Asahi Shimbun.

The confidential documents are believed to have been created by the MPD's third foreign affairs division, which handles international terrorism investigations, as well as the National Police Agency and Aichi Prefectural Police.

The Asahi newspaper described the leak as "a potential disaster that could shatter international trust in Japanese police".

Unnamed Tokyo police officials are cited as saying that the contents of the leaked documents are being studied, and officers questioned to determine how the information got into the public domain.

Most of the documents, dated from 2004 to 2010, were in PDF format and contained information on more than 600 people, the Mainichi Daily News said.

Names and addresses of Japanese investigators were leaked.

Data on foreigners co-operating with international anti-terror investigations in Japan and abroad included their names, addresses and records of the information they provided, the Asahi reported.

Also leaked were the personal details of individuals considered possible terrorism suspects, and information on their daily lives.

Other documents include records of the bank accounts of individuals connected to foreign embassies in Japan, and information on terrorism-related training conducted by the FBI, the reports said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
detox retreat asia
learn how to get a girl to like you
Back to top Go down

Gothic Revival architecture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club :: All About Chess ::   :: History of Chess-
Jump to: