Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap41%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap18%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap5%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap14%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap7%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap7%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap2%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_lcap2%The basic backhand and forehand chop I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

The basic backhand and forehand chop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrthought

Male
Number of posts : 92
Member of : forumotion
Registration date : 2010-08-28

The basic backhand and forehand chop Empty
PostSubject: The basic backhand and forehand chop   The basic backhand and forehand chop I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:33 am

To play this stroke, stand away from the table and

* for the backhand chop - face the line of play, and

* for the forehand chop - take a sideways stance facing the line of play

Using a medium stroke, your racket arm should move forward and downwards in the direction that the ball is going to travel, whilst your free arm should point towards the ball to assist with your body turn and balance.

During your stroke, you should mainly use the elbow and wrist joints of your playing arm to produce maximum spin. Push strongly with your legs to accentuate your body movement.

The racket angle should be slightly open to impart backspin.

Hit the ball using 50% of your stroke action before hitting the ball and 50% after hitting the ball.

Backhand chop

The basic backhand and forehand chop Chop-1

Forehand chop

My top table tennis techniques:

This shot would normally be used when your opponent plays his shot very deep and fast or short over the net.

The purpose of this stroke is to reduce the control level of your opponent, so try to ensure that your shot lands close to your opponent's baseline or sideline, or very short over the net.

To vary the amount of spin on your shot, hit the ball at different points on its trajectory and ensure that you use a loose wrist and fast brushing action to help you generate racket speed and spin.

elektronine parduotuve
sexy halloween costumes
Back to top Go down

The basic backhand and forehand chop
Page 1 of 1