Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap41%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap18%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap5%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap14%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap7%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap7%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap2%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_lcap2%Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  Empty
PostSubject: Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao    Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:50 am

« News home
Submitted by SonofPearl on Wed, 09/08/2010 at 11:02am.
With Alexei Shriov already having wrapped up first place in the Shanghai Masters, it was left to Vladimir Kramnik and Lev Aronian to stake their claim for the second qualifying spot.

Both games in the final round were drawn, and as it turns out (it was nowhere to be found on the official website) they had to play blitz games to decide who would claim second place and qualify for Bilbao.

The time control was 4 minutes plus a 3 second/move increment.

Kramnik (pictured) won the first blitz game with the white pieces, but Aronian struck back in game two (Kramnik lost on time) to take the tie-break to a sudden death game. Aronian had to win with white and 5 minutes on his clock, while Kramnik could draw with 4 minutes.

In the end it was Kramnik who emerged victorious. Congratulations to him, and commiserations to Aronian on missing out in the cruelest way - losing on time.

You have to wonder at the wisdom of deciding qualification for what will be one of the strongest tournaments of all time on a sudden-death blitz game!

Nevertheless, we now know that the Grand Slam Final in Bilbao from 9-15 October will feature Vishy Anand, Magnus Carlsen, Alexei Shirov and Vladimir Kramnik. A truly mouthwatering prospect!

http://www.chess.com/news/kramnik-gets-second-spot-in-bilbao-2133

Back to top Go down

Kramnik Gets Second Spot In Bilbao
Page 1 of 1