Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap41%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap18%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap5%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap14%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap7%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap7%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap2%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_lcap2%James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star Empty
PostSubject: James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star   James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Published: 02:28 p.m., Saturday, October 16, 2010
Larger | Smaller
Printable Version
Email This

Georgia (default)

Verdana

Times New Roman

Arial
Font

Gallery

* Betty Blake, mother of tennis star and Fairfield native James Blake, will...

Betty Blake, mother of tennis star and Fairfield native James Blake, will visit the Fairfield Public Library on Oct. 24, 2010, to talk about her new book, "Mix It Up, Make It Nice: Secrets of a Tennis Mom." Photo: Contributed Photo / Fairfield Citizen contributed

View Larger Image
Related Stories

* Tennis star James Blake's mom shares 'Secrets'10.19.2010 07:35 p.m.

Find out how James Blake rose to become one of the top 30 professional tennis players in the world when his mother, Betty Blake, visits the Fairfield Public Library on Oct. 24.

Attendees will be surprised to hear that Betty Blake, author of Mix It Up, Make It Nice: Secrets of a Tennis Mom, will focus more on education and family values than on athletic training and tennis skills.

James Blake, a Fairfield native, wore a back brace for 18 hours each day to correct severe scoliosis, never attended a tennis academy, received early tennis training on public tennis courts, grew up in New England's six-month outdoor tennis season, and yet rose to the top 30 in the tennis world. His mother's book, which chronicles this journey, isn't a story just about James Blake's climb to prominence in the tennis world and a series of life-altering tragedies that he experienced; it is about a family who made education the top priority, not tennis. A first-class education was by design, a tennis career was not. Betty Blake's reflections address race relations in our society, individual identity and how her son's ethnicity helped them be at ease in any situation. This tennis mom shares secrets to raising a star and pays tribute to the father who inspired them.

The event will take place in the Memorial Room of the main library, 1080 Old Post Road, at 1:30 p.m. Register for this program by going online to www.fairfieldpubliclibrary.org or by calling 203-256-3160. All programs at the Fairfield Public Library are free of charge.

best home business opportunity
GA Bankruptcy Attorney
Back to top Go down
ngdaubiet

Male
Number of posts : 8
Member of : 84905108842
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star   James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Many travelers also confessed that they mistakenly say "good morning" at night.
The poll found 95 percent of respondents try to talk with the locals in their native tongue.
The most commonly used words and phrases? "Hello," "please," "thank you," "goodnight," "where are the toilets?" and "a bottle of house red, please."
Back to top Go down
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star   James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Shanghai bids farewell to massive World Expo fair
Visitors at Britain's pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo. Photo: 29 October 2010 An overwhelming majority of the visitors of the fair have been ordinary Chinese

Shanghai is bidding farewell to the World Expo - a six-month event showcasing China's rise in the world.

Prime Minister Wen Jiabao described the fair as "splendid", saying it "truly brought together people around the globe".

Officials say a record 72m people - most of them from across China - visited pavilions staged by more than 240 countries and organisations.

China has reportedly spent some $60bn (£37bn) preparing for the fair.

The figure - mentioned in Chinese state media - is more than was spent on the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

However, the Shanghai government only confirms that its budget for the fair was $4.2bn.
'Experiencing the world'

Chinese officials said at the opening of the World Expo on 1 May that it was an opportunity to promote the country's "soft power" - to show off its growing influence in the world.
Continue reading the main story
Shanghai World Expo
A visitor at the Mexican pavilion

* Theme is Better City, Better Life
* 72m visitors, mostly Chinese
* 192 countries and 50 organisations on show
* First Expo in developing country
* Site is 5.3sq km, twice the size of Monaco
* Standard day ticket is 160 yuan ($23: £15)
* China says cost is $4.2bn - others say some $60bn

Highlights of the events included Denmark's famous Little Mermaid sculpture, impressionist paintings from the Louvre at France's pavilion, entertainment by Canada's Cirque du Soleil and many others.

The majority of the visitors have been ordinary Chinese from around the country, who often had to queue for hours to see some of the most popular pavilions.

"Thanks to the Expo, people like me who never would have a chance to go abroad can experience the whole world," Zou Aiguo, a pensioner from China's Jiangxi province, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press news agency.

The site itself is huge, twice the size of Monaco, straddling both sides of the Huangpu river in the city centre.

Aiming to make the event a green one in keeping with its theme "Better City, Better Life", Shanghai has been using electric buses and cars and installed energy-saving air conditioning and water filters around the city.

"The Shanghai Expo will close soon but it will not be forgotten," UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said.

"Let us keep the Shanghai vision alive in our discussions and our lifestyles."

However, not everyone in Shanghai has been pleased by the event, with some local residents complaining that they had been forced out of old housing to make way for the Expo site.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
stairlift
dream interpretation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star   James Blake's mom to share secrets to raising a star I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1