Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap41%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap18%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap5%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap14%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap7%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap7%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap2%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_lcap2%Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series Empty
PostSubject: Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series   Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:05 pm

SURPRISE, Ariz., Oct. 21, 2010 – Michael Chang made a successful return to the Champions Series tennis circuit Thursday night defeating Jimmy Arias 6-0, 6-2 in his opening round-robin match at the $150,000 Cancer Treatment Centers of America Tennis Championships at the Surprise Tennis and Racquet Complex. John McEnroe was also a winner Thursday night in his opening round-robin match defeating Wayne Ferreira 6-4, 7-6 (2).

Chang, the 1989 French Open champion and a 2008 inductee into the International Tennis Hall of Fame, was playing in his first Champions Series event since he suffered an unfortunate injury at the 2006 Champions Series event in Naples, Fla. After leading Mikael Pernfors 6-0, 5-0 in his second round-robin match of the event, Chang lost two games in a row then ruptured his Achilles tendon, forcing him to lose the match 0-6, 2-5, retire, and be sidelined from competitive tennis for an extended period.

Thursday night against Arias, Chang displayed the lethal groundstrokes and tenacity that earned him the world No. 2 ranking and 34 career ATP singles titles. He streaked through the first set without losing a game before surrendering the first game of the second set. After Arias led 2-1 in the second set, Chang then won the last five games of the match.

"I felt pretty good today," said Chang. "The conditions were perfect and there was not a whole lot to complain about tonight. By the end of the first set, I had my forehand going pretty good."

Chang moved around the court with relative ease, but his 2006 injury has forced him to slightly alter his style of play.

"I’ve learned from my injuries," said Chang. "I’m not going to be able to track down every ball that I had in the past. I’ve gotta play smart and take advantage of my strengths."

McEnroe displayed some remarkable shot-making in his win over Ferreira, dazzling fans with some spectacular half volleys, serves and volley winners. After taking the first set 6-4, McEnroe became flustered early in the second set – receiving two code of conduct violations - as Ferreira raised his level of play and led 3-1. McEnroe broke back in the eighth game of the second set and went on clinch the victory in the second-set tie-breaker.

Friday's play is highlighted by Mark Philippoussis taking on Arias in the opening day match at 2 pm, followed by Chang against Aaron Krickstein. The night session starting at 7 pm will feature Jim Courier taking on Ferreira and McEnroe taking on Jeff Tarango.

Philippoussis and Courier will look to increase their round-robin records to 2-0 after notching victories during Wednesday night's opening session. Philippoussis defeated Krickstein 6-3, 6-2 and Courier defeated Jeff Tarango 6-7 (5), 6-3, 10-4 (Champions Tie-Breaker).

Tarango, the former U.S. Olympic team member playing in his debut Champions Series tournament, performed admirably and nearly knocked off the Hall of Famer. But after winning the first set in a tie-breaker, he was not able to continue his momentum on to victory.

"After he broke me (in the second set), he just got on a real roll, and the confidence he got from the second set rolled into that super-tiebreaker," said Tarango. "His first serve just really started dominating."

Tarango, however, was quick t

best home business opportunity
GA Bankruptcy Attorney
Back to top Go down
ngdaubiet

Male
Number of posts : 8
Member of : 84905108842
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series   Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:18 pm

A new survey of more than 300 British travelers has revealed some common and hilarious language gaffes tourists make abroad. They're enough to leave lots of people red-faced and scrambling for their dictionaries.
The poll was conducted by Owners Direct, a British company that advertises vacation properties.
A traveler trying to offer a polite greeting in Greece ended up calling an elderly woman a "squid," probably mixing up the Greek word for good morning, "kalimera" with "calamari" (squid).
Back to top Go down
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series   Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Indonesia tsunami: Better weather aids rescuers
Survivors in Sikakap, Sumatra Aid has been slow to reach the tsunami survivors

Improved weather conditions have allowed rescuers to step up their efforts to bring aid to survivors of a deadly tsunami in Indonesia.

The death toll has now risen to at least 435, although the number of missing has been halved after 135 people thought dead were found safe.

The tsunami hit the Mentawai islands on Monday after a 7.7 magnitude quake.

Meanwhile villagers are returning to the slopes of Indonesia's Mt Merapi after a lull in deadly eruptions there.
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

* 'No alert' in Indonesian tsunami
* Animated guide: Tsunamis
* 'We're just glad to be alive'

Heavy rains and high winds have been plaguing the rescue effort since the tsunami struck.

But relief official Joskamatir told Agence France-Presse news agency on Sunday: "The weather is better today, there's no rain. So we hope we will be able to send the supplies quickly. We're also expecting two more helicopters to arrive to air-drop relief supplies to remote areas."

On Saturday, 135 people thought to have perished were found hiding on higher ground, still afraid to return to the coastal villages.
Mt Merapi Villagers are returning to the slopes of Mt Merapi amid a lull in volcanic activity

One farmer on South Pagai island, Theopilus, 42, told AFP: "We're in dire need of more food, tents and blankets. I feel really cold at night as it rains all the time."

More than 23,000 people have been displaced by the tsunami.

About 100 are still thought to be missing.

Meanwhile on the slopes of Mt Merapi in central Java, hundreds of villages were returning to check homes and farms amid a lull in the volcanic activity that killed 36 people last week.
Continue reading the main story
Indonesia's 32 hours of disaster

* 25 Oct, 0600 local time: Highest alert issued for Mt Merapi eruption; villagers advised to leave.
* 25 Oct, 2142: 7.7 magnitude quake near Mentawai Islands; tsunami watch issued.
* 26 Oct, 1300: First reports of people missing after tsunami
* 26 Oct, 1402: Mt Merapi erupts.

* In pictures: Tsunami relief
* Mass burial for Java volcano dead
* Mourning Merapi's 'spiritual keeper'

However, scientists say the volcano could burst back into life at any time.

Government volcanologist Subandrio said: "We will even have to evaluate whether we need to widen the exclusion zone because we should not downplay the threat. Mount Merapi is extremely dangerous."

A violent eruption shortly after midnight on Friday poured down ash in Yogyakarta, some 30km (19 miles) away, although no new deaths were reported.

Some 50,000 people are still in temporary shelters.

More than 2,000 troops have been deployed to the area.

The government has pledged millions of dollars for the relief effort.

The vast Indonesian archipelago sits on the Pacific Ring of Fire, one of the world's most active areas for earthquakes and volcanoes.

More than 1,000 people were killed by an earthquake off Sumatra in September 2009.

In December 2004, a 9.1-magnitude quake off the coast of Aceh triggered a tsunami in the Indian Ocean that killed a quarter of a million people in 13 countries including Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and Thailand.
map

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
stairlift
dream interpretation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series   Chang makes a successful return to the Champions Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1