Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap41%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap18%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap5%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap14%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap7%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap7%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap2%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_lcap2%Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Male
Number of posts : 54
Member of : it
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  Empty
PostSubject: Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success    Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:52 am

By Scott Williams (AFP) – 1 day ago
STOCKHOLM — Roger Federer won the 64th trophy of his glittering career Sunday, levelling with Pete Sampras in the title Pantheon after a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Florian Mayer at the Stockholm Open.
The victory in 63 minutes was particularly pleasing for the Swiss world number two, who now has a few days off before tackling the outside duties which come with his position as top seed from November 1 at his home Swiss Indoors in Basel.
"It feels great winning any event, but it's especially nice to do it where I've never had a chance before," said Federer, whose only other Stockholm visit was a decade ago.
"There is such a great tennis heritage here with all the greats. "I knew I'd have a chance here, this was a good week for me. I'm happy to have played well."
There is little time for reflection for Federer, 52-12 this season, who bounced back with style from his Shanghai finals loss seven days previously against Andy Murray.
The 16-time grand slam champion faces yet more uphill climb as he takes aim at the next step on the title ladder, the 77 trophies of John McEnroe.
American Jimmy Connors with 109 heads the all-time list, with Ivan Lendl (94) standing second and McEnroe third.
"You want to savour every victory - you never know which one will be the last," said the Swiss. "Things move really fast. This was only a 250 event but the victory is very special. This is maybe one tournament to remember more than some others."
Federer's trophy was his third of 2010 after the Australian Open and Cincinnati prior to the US Open.
He stand 3-4 in 2010 finals from 15 events played.
But the Stockholm success a decade after he last played the event will stand the 29-year-old in good stead for the last three tournaments of his season after he vowed to try and add to his victory total in the run-up to the eight-man World Tour Finals in London from November 21.
"I came up with some good tennis. I was down a break had to scramble and battle back but I found a way," said Federer. Once I get the lead it's difficult for my opponents.
"When my game is on I can really play well. This was a really good week. I"m happy how I pulled up after back-to-back weeks. And I'm happy with how im playing."
Mayer played nothing-to-lose, and hence offensive, tennis. But playing good opponents makes you play better also. I felt I gained the intensity and was able to keep it up."
Federer's dominating win in front of Swedish royalty marked his 36th consecutive victory against Germans since losing to Nicolas Kiefer in 2002.
The Swiss wrapped up the opening set in 34 minutes, then went to work to secure the victory.
A break in the sixth game of the second for 4-2 was enough, with the top seed putting a forehand long on the first of three match points but completing the win on his second opportunity with a service winner.
"Roger really deserved to win," said the 47th-ranked Mayer, without a title from three career finals. "I hope you get back to number one as soon as possible."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SEO Australia
air cards for laptops
Back to top Go down

Federer level with Sampras on 64 titles with Swedish success
Page 1 of 1