Vernlen Table Tennis & Chess Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inAnnouncement
Current Time

Announcement
Latest topics
» : “MAYOR JENNY A. BARZAGA 2nd Table Tennis Cup 2011"
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeby cleamaes Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 pm

» 4Videosoft DVD to ipad suite helps you to rip DVD rapidly
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeby skygirl Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 pm

» Real estate market paralyzed as giants fall into insolvency
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:54 pm

» Vietnam office rents to fall 7% in 2012, Jones Lang Lasalle says
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 pm

» Vietnam Struggles to Attract Foreign Property Investment
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeby mrthought Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Poll
What brand of blade do you use ?
Butterfly
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap41%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 18 ]
Stiga
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap18%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 8 ]
DHS
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap5%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Donic
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap14%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Yasaka
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap7%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
729 Friendship
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap7%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
JOOLA
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap2%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Killerspin
Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_lcap2%Chief Justice of the Philippines I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Andro
 2% [ 1 ]
Xiom
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44
Affiliates
free forum

Chief Justice of the Philippines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp

Male
Number of posts : 339
Member of : VN
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Chief Justice of the Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Chief Justice of the Philippines   Chief Justice of the Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm

The power to appoint the Chief Justice lies with the President, who makes the selection from a list of 3 nominees prepared by the Judicial and Bar Council. There is no material difference in the process of selecting a Chief Justice from that in the selection of Associate Justices. As with the other Justices of the Supreme Court, the Chief Justice is obliged to retire upon reaching the age of 70, otherwise there is no term limit for the Chief Justice.
The Constitution does not ascribe any formal role to the Chief Justice other than as an ex-officio Chairman of the Judicial and Bar Council and as the presiding officer in any impeachment trial of the President. The Chief Justice is also required to personally certify every decision that is rendered by the Court. He or she carries only 1 vote out of 15 in the Court, and is generally regarded, vis-a-vis the other Justices, as the primus inter pares rather than as the administrative superior of the other members of the Court.

businesses for sale
Text Übersetzen
Back to top Go down

Chief Justice of the Philippines
Page 1 of 1